Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for:
1. Managing DRC communications.
2. Developing and maintaining media relations, maintaining media list.
3. Drafting and sending news releases, handling media requests and connecting media with DRC member spokespeople, coordinating news conferences.
4. Developing DRC spokespeople with assistance of organizers, providing media preparation assistance as needed to members for interviews, letters to the editor, talk radio and other situations, and assisting with media and spokesperson training workshops for members.
5. Developing and maintaining up-to-date website, Facebook, and Twitter.
6. Producing Weekly Report.
7. Coordinating and writing quarterly Newsletter.
8. Working with organizers and the Executive Director to write and send email action alerts, as needed..
9. Handling communications technology for the DRC annual meeting and other events and communications efforts.
10. Handling advertising and promotion for issue campaigns.
11. Working with organizers and Executive Director on rapid response communications.
12. Performing the administrative tasks necessary to accomplish his or her job.
Commitment to the mission and goals of the organization, and the community organizing approach to social change.
· Leadership and organizational development capabilities.
· Fundraising ability.
· Familiarity with the public policy process and ability to do some policy research.
· Experience in issue campaigns, political campaigns and/or community organizing activities.
· Comfortable with farmers, ranchers, rural people, and others from a diversity of backgrounds.
· Knowledgeable about one or more of these issues: oil and gas; farming, ranching, agriculture issues, clean energy. Community or economic development is a plus.
· Excellent communication and people skills; ability to write well is a must; web and social media expertise is a plus.
· High level of maturity.
· Capacity to work independently as a salaried employee on a flexible schedule that includes some evenings and weekends.
· Willing to travel both in- and out-of-state as necessary, using a DRC vehicle when possible, but able to use his or her own vehicle (with mileage compensation) when necessary.
north dakota oil jobs, bakken