Overview Major Purpose:
Derrickhand will play an essential role on a workover rig crew, servicing oil and gas wells, focusing on duties above the floor.
Responsibilities Responsibilities And Job Duties:
* Perform workover rig services on oil and gas wells as part of a 3-5 person crew
* Responsible for all duties above the floor, operate the pump and tank and work on the catwalk when moving pipe on or off the ground.
* Actively participate in rig inspections, preventative maintenance of fluid systems, derrick and associated equipment
* Assisting in rigging up or down
* Pick up or lay down tubing
* Work on all floors or operate the rig when necessary
* Routinely participate in learning activities and apply knowledge/skill to the job
* Ensure all activities are accurately documented
* Handle problems and conflicts as they arise and initiate steps to resolution
* Commit to safe work practices through situational awareness, following standard operating procedures, receiving constructive criticism and watching out for the health and wellness of others
* A sound understanding or aptitude to learn the workover rig functions
* Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication
* Basic problem solving and organizational skills
* Deals effectively with personality conflict and can quickly diffuse tension on the work site
* A positive team player
* Stable work history, preferably in an oil field/workover rig environment
* Mechanically Inclined
* Can work independently with minimal supervision
* Committed to working safely at all times including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
* Must pass a pre-employment physical, reference checks, drug screen, motor-vehicle report and criminal background check
* Must be able to attend and pass all tests associated with job related coursework. This may includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, HazMat, Safeland, etc.
* Willing to reliably fulfill the designated work schedule.
* Stable work history, preferably in an oil and gas or industrial environment
* Heavy equipment licenses or certifications preferred
* Class A or B CDL Preferred
* Valid driver licenses
* High School Education or equivalent Physical Requirements:
* Ability to climb a ladder and work high up in the derrick
* Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, rain, cold, etc.
* Comfortable be able to complete the physical aspects of the job including heights, bending stooping, routinely lifting 75 lbs, walking long distances.
north dakota oil jobs, bakken, bakken jobs, bakken oil jobs
How to ApplyApply at https://careers-savageservices.icims.com/jobs/1959/derrick-hand/job
- Posted by: OilJFinder
- Company: Savage Services Corporation
- Location: Powers Lake, North Dakota, United States
- State: Powers Lake
- Job type: Full-Time
- Salary: 80,000 - 100,000
- Job category: Drilling & Production
- Tags: Bakken Oil Jobs - bakken oilfield - derrick hand - ndoiljobs - north dakota oil jobs - oiljobs - OIlJobsND
888 total views, 1 today