Summary: This is a journey level nonexempt position and works under general supervision.
Gauges and tests products at system entry, exit points or tankage/storage in coordination with customer/supplier representative.
Completes receipt or delivery records and maintains records of results for district reports. Performs routine site activities such as adjusting flow or pressure and noting maintenance needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:• Make safety a top priority each day. Insure compliance with company manuals and policies.
• Make environmental integrity a priority each day.
• Gauge, sample, and carefully record all pertinent information needed in the custody transfer of oil from a sales tank to the pipeline.
• Ensure the oil meets minimum requirements before purchasing by performing all necessary steps outlined in the Hiland Crude Transportation gauging manual.
• Monitor and troubleshoot Gain/Loss issues on the system, seeking fair volume assessments at all locations.
• Service and maintain field pumps and LACT units. Keep locations clean.
• Daily observe any traveled section of the pipeline for leaks, line markers, and needed maintenance.
• Report all leaks to your supervisor immediately. Report any needed repairs to the supervisor in a timely fashion
.• Keep company vehicles, field equipment, stations, and shop areas clean, serviced, and organized.
•Inspect construction projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
• Keep all paperwork and documentation required up to date and complete.
• Work with customers and fellow employees to provide excellent customer service.
• During “on call” status, individual need to have cell phone with them at all times. Timely responses are essential.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position RequirementsQualifications:• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to effectively present information in a one–on-one and small group situation to other employees of the company and outside contractors.
Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
Apply common sense understanding to carry out day-to-day operation issues.
Be able to make quick and reasonable decisions in sometimes-adverse conditions.
Education and/or Experience:• High School degree or equivalent.
• Follows company policies, practices, and regulatory requirements.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Valid state operating license.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment/tools.
• Climbs and works at various heights. May work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
• Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect