This is a journey level nonexempt position and works under general supervision. Gauges and tests products at system entry, exit points or tankage/storage in coordination with customer/supplier representative. Completes receipt or delivery records and maintains records of results for district reports. Performs routine site activities such as adjusting flow or pressure and noting maintenance needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Make safety a top priority each day. Insure compliance with company manuals and policies.
* Make environmental integrity a priority each day.
* Gauge, sample, and carefully record all pertinent information needed in the custody transfer of oil from a sales tank to the pipeline.
* Ensure the oil meets minimum requirements before purchasing by performing all necessary steps outlined in the Hiland Crude Transportation gauging manual.
* Monitor and troubleshoot Gain/Loss issues on the system, seeking fair volume assessments at all locations.
* Service and maintain field pumps and LACT units. Keep locations clean.
* Daily observe any traveled section of the pipeline for leaks, line markers, and needed maintenance.
* Report all leaks to your supervisor immediately. Report any needed repairs to the supervisor in a timely fashion.
* Keep company vehicles, field equipment, stations, and shop areas clean, serviced, and organized.
*Inspect construction projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
* Keep all paperwork and documentation required up to date and complete.
* Work with customers and fellow employees to provide excellent customer service.
* During “on call” status, individual need to have cell phone with them at all times. Timely responses are essential.
* Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment/tools.
* Climbs and works at various heights. May work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
* Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
* Regularly bends, stoops, moves from ground level to higher levels, raises/lifts from ground level a load up to 50 lbs., manually transports a load up to 75 lbs., and applies up to 150 foot pounds of torque.
* Regularly gets into and out of vehicles and rides over rough roads.
* Walks an average of 5 miles per day, up to 7 miles per day.
* Candidates may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing requirements,
* Subject to overtime and call-outs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Works mostly outdoors, in and around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment.
* Required to climb about equipment and work in confined areas (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
* May be subject to work in hazardous conditions including hydrocarbon vapor, adverse weather conditions, and extreme temperatures.
* Wears safety equipment as required.
north dakota oil jobs, bakken, bakken jobs, bakken oil jobs