Supervisor – OPS
Summary: This is an area supervisory position responsible for all facets of operating a pipeline system and the terminal/storage facilities. This position is also responsible for supervising maintenance and construction projects, cultivating good customer relationships, developing employees, and leading in training efforts. Responsible for Emergency Response within the assigned area, and supervises the activities of the pipeline construction and maintenance field employees and contractors, and the pipeline operators.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate and Demand a safety culture of Zero accidents. Insure compliance with company manuals and policies.
* Take all possible measures to protect the environment, the public, employees, and assets.
* Supervise the general maintenance and operation of the pipeline and terminal storage facilities.
* Supervise construction and maintenance projects by managing employees as well as contractors to finish projects on time and on budget.
* Supervise and coordinate the activities of pipeline gaugers.
* Take overall responsibility for equipment maintenance and repair on the system.
* Use good critical thinking skills to identify and solve problems.
* Consult with Operations Manager/Engineer on major maintenance and repair issues.
* Understand emergency procedures, review SPCC and FRP annually, and be prepared for emergency response.
* Keep all paperwork and documentation required up to date and complete.
* During “on call” status, individual need to have cell phone with them at all times. Timely responses are essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment/tools.
* Climbs and works at various heights. May work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
* Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
* Regularly bends, stoops, moves from ground level to higher levels, raises/lifts from ground level a load up to 50 lbs., manually transports a load up to 75 lbs., and applies up to 150 foot pounds of torque.
* Regularly gets into and out of vehicles and rides over rough roads.
* Walks an average of 5 miles per day, up to 7 miles per day.
* Candidates may be subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing requirements,
* Subject to overtime and call-outs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Works mostly outdoors, in and around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment.
* Required to climb about equipment and work in confined areas (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
* May be subject to work in hazardous conditions including hydrocarbon vapor, adverse weather conditions, and extreme temperatures.
* Wears safety equipment as required.
north dakota oil jobs, bakken, bakken jobs, bakken oil jobs